“The Power of Leadership”
To keep abreast of developments in your own field:
* Accept management training when it’s offered to you.
* Don’t under-rate technical skills. No question that management is an art, but its most successful practitioners have always had a solid foundation of competence in the more tedious techniques of business administration.
* Constantly expose yourself to new ideas. You should train yourself to be receptive to new ideas, no matter how revolutionary they might seem to you at first. New ideas are the very basis and foundation of personal and professional growth.
* Really look for ways to improve yourself. When you get right down to it, it’s up to you to teach yourself management skills and to continue to grow.
* Let yourself grow on the job. Seek out new challenges, new tasks that allow you to learn on the job.
“Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean” – Christopher Reeve
By seeking new challenges on the job, you are entering the ocean!
Have A Good Day!